WHAT'S NEXT

...

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Workshop hopes

The formidable Seijiro Murayama has contacted me to organise a workshop (I copied a general outline above).
I really want to do more of these instead of keeping on pouring ready made concerts down the unquenchable throat of musicians.

I like the idea of inviting people to share their perception of a practice and let's have it clear I don't care much about music. That seemed to fit nicely in the wide open description of the workshop Seijiro wanted to do.

Here's what stuck in my mind:

"For me, organising a workshop is, each time, a big and risky challenge: i like and i need it."
"i do not have intention of teaching "
"I improvise the process of workshop according to what the participants bring as qualities "
"main focus is the question of listening, at different levels and of course, that of silence etc."
"We work with (and on) voice, body, space, objects"

So
I want to do it.
but
the details will be determined by the people attending.
hence
get in touch if you see a slight chance of being interested and help us defining this thing further.

I guess we (seijiro, you and I) could use this blog to host the discussion.

So what do you think?...

No comments: